Sunday 24 October 2010

Inspiration

This is not self indulgence, this is my learning log (so apologies). I have yet to receive my course text and workbooks, so I thought it useful to log my inspirations and thoughts before I am set on course. My main inspiration is water...rivers, the sea, rain. I like the noise of the sea in winter, and the calm lapping of summer. I like the smoothness of sand, and then the undulating sand of a tide just past. I like the readiness of sand to record footsteps and marks of animals passing through, small and large, mammal or bird. I like the bark of trees, smooth petals of spring and leather like autumn leaves. I like texture most of all, anything that cries out to be touched. I aim to use smooth angora wool, leather, feathers, felt, cotton, organza. And with the texture comes colour...a rainbow of hues. I am always drawn towards the oranges of autumn, and the colours of summer, but pale, snowflake blues with peaches and greens always interest me. Anyway, we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment