Wednesday 1 December 2010

Inspiration at last

I live in an area with lots and lots of trees, so if I wanted to draw lots of trees that would be fine.  So, with not a lot to photograph other than trees, leaves and bark, I have resorted to a few magazine clippings I have collected, and at last I have managed a ‘proper’ sketch of a starfish and some shells, which has enough detail in it to perhaps transfer into a textile piece. I have also made some headway with the textiles elements now, with five items completed. So far I have had problems with getting some decent strong cotton to hand embroider. The stuff I do have is too flimsy and won’t stretch flat to work on, so I will see what I can get at the weekend. In the meantime, I have worked on some padded cotton and felt, as it holds its shape nicely to work on. As ever, my desire to run ahead and create a whole piece is hard to surpress, but I am trying to keep it under control and get on with making marks and recreating texture in stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment